15 August 2008

Guyana - Baptism 26 July 2008

Guyana is great!

I really like it here. My first week has been a lot of fun. We had a baptism on Saturday. His name is Adrian. He's a great guy. I got to confirm him a member of the church and give him the holy ghost on my first sunday. That was an awsome experience. The branch is actually quite large. They have over 300 members, but they have a big problem with retention. Only 75 people came on sunday. we're doing a lot of less-active work here. We need to get more people to come to church, because they want to have the first stake here in guyana. Part of this involves me teaching people how to read and lead music and teaching one or two how to play the piano. I am also starting a choir in the Branch. The mission president told me to use my music in the branch, so that's what I'm doing. I played the piano on Sunday. They usually sing to the CDs, so they were happy to have someone there to play. The only thing is, that they do not listen to the music. They just sing as fast as they want. It's really funny to listen to.


From left to right: Elder White, Adrian, Elder Holmstead, Elder Moala (my trainer) and me.

No comments: