22 October 2008

A little sick....

Hi,

Right now I'm not feeling too well. I am a little sick. I have been to the hospital twice in four days. The Doctor that treated me was an American Doctor, which is why we went to that hospital. I had been feeling weak, having aches in the stomach and head, with some crazy temperatures. I had a temp of 39.7 Degrees Celsius just yesterday.

I have been freezing all the time. The senior couples got worried and took me to the hospital. The doctor said that I have a viral infection that could lead to
pneumonia if I'm unlucky. I have not been able to go out to work for 3 days. He
said that he knew what it was, but that he could not treat the virus here. "If
we were in the US...", he said. All he could do for me was give me some
medication against the symptoms. He told me that my body would need to fight the
virus on its own. He said it would take about 10 - 14 days for a full recovery.

Elder Olsen, my new companion, and Elder Evans, a senior missionary, gave me a
blessing on Friday. Today is the first day that I have felt good enough to go
out for P-Day. The rest of the days I have been sitting at home sleeping all
day. I think we will be able to do some work this week. I really do not like
sitting at home doing nothing.

Besides the Illness I have been doing fine. People were happy to see me at
church on Sunday. The attendance was very very weak on Sunday.

My new companion is a good guy. He's from Spanish fork, Utah. He plays
the piano really well. He is also really caring when his companion is sick. He
has been on his mission for no more than 2 months.

I am excited for Zone Conference on Wednesday. We have a General Authority
coming to speak to us. He is also coming to check
out the application for Guyana top have a stake.

Love, Jeff