16 February 2009

Going to Suriname

Dear Family,

Transfer calls came in for us, and guess what...I am going to Suriname. I am leaving tomorrow. I will be just a little outside of Paramaribo. My companion will be Elder Croese from Rotterdam. I don't know him, but he is supposed to be pretty funny. I am excited to serve in Suriname.

Everything is going well with me. Elder Olsen, my last companion, wants me to play the organ with him today at the big catholic cathedral in Georgetown today. It will be my last time playing that organ for a long time. Before that I need to go back to the embassy of Suriname to get my Visa.

I am really excited to go to Suriname. President Robison told me during my last interview that I might go to Suriname towards the end of my mission, but I guess they need me there now. I am sort of sad to leave Guyana, because this has been an amazing place to serve and I have become very attached to this country. It was the hardest thing to say good bye to the people that I taught and worked with for the last 6 months. I can honestly say that I love them. They are amazing people and I have enjoyed serving them as a missionary.

At church yesterday people came up to me telling me that they will miss my music and that they will miss hearing me speak in sacrament meeting. I spoke in sacrament meeting twice in the last three weeks. The members said that they liked my talks in church.

Anyway, I will let you know next week how the trip went. It is going to be a long trip. I am not flying to Suriname. I am driving...well, I am being driven to Suriname.

I love you and I miss you. I know this is the greatest work on earth and I love it.

Love,
Jeff

No comments: