14 January 2010

Count your blessings....

We picked up 4 new missionaries from the airport and had to handle the transfers of other missionaries. We did not have a lot of sleep these last few days because we have been driving to the airport in the middle of the night. The new missionaries are a little shocked at what Suriname is like. I don't know what they were expecting, but they seem a little quiet and uneasy. They will settle in and everything will be fine in a few days. One of the new missionaries is staying in our home with his companion, Elder Kempenaers from Belgium. They are doing a great job.

We are hoping to have a few baptisms in a few weeks and are planning on a few in February. We are seeing so much success in our area and things are going really well with the branch and the entire Zone. We had a so many people at church all over Suriname. We are experiencing an upward trend and the Lord is blessing us in so many ways. I hope we can all continue to do better and provide lots of service and love to people.

I was asked to prepare another performance with the district choir for district conference in February. This time I will not do as much as I did with the Christmas program. The members are doing very well on their own, but I will help them where I can. I am excited to prepare this performance with them. I have so much fun with the people from the choir every time we practice. I am sure this performance will be as good as what we did for Christmas. People are still talking about it.

That's about all from me. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Love,

Jeff
_____________________________________________________________



4 January 2010

I was shocked to hear about the dad’s car accident and all of the things that happened. I am so glad that our Heavenly Father protected you and that everything will be alright. I pray every day that all may be well with all of you and that you may be protected. It is a great feeling to know that my prayers are answered. God is our Heavenly Father and He loves us so much. I am thankful for the many blessings that we receive every day. I realize now how important it is to thank him for the things that he gives us. I really do pray every day for your safety and wellbeing.

We had such a successful and exciting week. We had one baptism and the mission had 11 on January 2nd. Elder Koenen and I are working with more people that are ready to get baptized. This week at least five people simply told us that they knew the church was true and that they wanted to get baptized. It is such a great feeling to hear that from an investigator. What also made the week great was the fact that we had an entire family come back to church that was less active. Some of the members of the family including the person that we thought was most less active shared their testimony. They said that they knew the church is true and that they want to be back. The members embraced them and welcomed them back. It is so great to see the work of the Lord move forward. Things are going well for us in Suriname.
I am so grateful for the blessings of the Lord. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and that He loves us and know us. He knows what we need. I am so thankful for the atonement. I know that that is the power that saved dad. I am so thankful for prayer and faith. I will continue to pray for all of you. Please pray for me as well. I think we all need to count our blessings.

I love all of you.

Jeff

No comments: