19 April 2010

Not even the Volcano in Iceland can stop the work...

Trust me, we know all about the volcano. Elder Koenen should have been home a few days ago, but cannot leave because of the ash in the air. We do not know when he will leave and we do not know how, but right now he is here with us. He is in good spirit and doing well, however he does want to go home soon.

I know that God answers payers. Elder Koenen, Elder Lake (my new companion), Elder Manwill (a new elder), and I had a great moment together. We were able to come to help a recent convert when he was sick. I will not be able to tell the entire story, but I will tell you that we gave a blessing and we saw how God answered our prayers instantly. I have seen the hand of God so often and so clearly during my mission. I know that my Savior lives. I know that he suffered and died for me and that I can be forgiven of my sins. I love him and cherish the miracles I see.

We have had a rough week. We needed to go out to Nickerie which is about 250 km from where we are. We had to drop off some new missionaries and bring them to their companions. We also had to figure out how to get Elder Koenen out of here. We have had to go to the airport a few times. The last time we went we saw an empty airport. There was not a soul to be found. The airport is about 1 hour away, so we wasted some time going out there. The funny thing is that we still do not know anything about when he is leaving. I guess we will just need to wait. I just hope that my home coming will be a little easier. :D

Anyway, thank you for your emails. I love you all and pray for you.
Love, Jeff

No comments: