01 September 2008

Moving to LaGrange Guyana



Excerpt from Elder Vernes weekly letter 1 Sep. 2008
Hi everyone,

Well I am moving to my next area on Wednesday. My new companion is going to be Elder Williams. I know him and he's a great missionary. I am moving to the only church building in the mission with an Organ. President Robison wants me to give weekly organ recitals there. I am excited to start doing that. The only thing is that I need to get my hands on music. Mostly Church music. I brought some with me, but I think I'll be through that in a short time.

I am excited to find out what it is going to be like. There will be quite some changes. I will be in a two man apartment, I will need to practice the organ regularly, I will need to get to know the new members and I will need to get to know the new area. After spending six weeks in an area, a new area is quite the change. But I look forward to the next transfer! I can't wait to go over the river on Wednesday. My new area is called LaGrange.
Anyway, that's about all. I'm doing great. I'm having fun and I love the work.

Love, Jeff