23 September 2008

Sandra's baptism was pretty cool...

Excerpt from Jeff's e-mail from 22 Sep. 2008

Hi everyone,

Things have been going well lately. We had a baptism this week. The person that I was able to baptize was Sandra. She is related to Rachel by marriage. She married her brother. The baptism was pretty cool. She said that she felt really light when she came out of the water. She seemed like the happiest person on earth.

Rachel said that she was going to get baptized this coming Saturday, which is great because Terry, Sandra's son is also getting baptized that day. He is excited and totally ready to get baptized. We are also working with some other people that should be getting baptized soon.

I was not able to send the small package with the CD of pictures yet, because they were giving me some trouble at the post office. I didn't quite get what was wrong, but the Lady made a fuss. Since I didn't feel like making a big fuss out of it, I decided to try again another time. I'll be sending it this week.

Well, as you know we had Zone Conference this past week. That was really good. We heard some great talks from President and Sister Robison. During the zone conference, I also had a great interview with President Robison. We talked about the possibility of me going to another area in a couple of months. He is really a loving and caring mission president.

Love, Jeff